Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2003, 06:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Aquarium sealant

I'm planning on gluing a piece of driftwood to the top of my PennPlax cave in order to make my tank decorations more multi-level. When I asked for some sealant to do this at Petco, I was given aquarium silicon (like what you would use to hold the glass together). I was wondering if this is what I should use? How much should I put on and how should I let it dry?
I'm still at work so I have to get off the computer now. I;m hoping to do this when I get home tonight. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks so much!

Old 11-21-2003, 06:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

follow the advice on the tube as far as drying and such.

and I say use it, if its good enough to glue the walls of your tank together, its good enough for just about anything

Old 11-21-2003, 10:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

thanks william! of course, after posting this i came across the DIY forum, which i had never explored before. that would have answered my question for me, but oh well. there are some people in that forum with really ingenious ideas! i'll have to check it out some more.

Tags
seal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com