Aquarium stand replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish-For-Thought

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I recently purchased a 36g bow front aquarium for a steal from someone. The only problem was that I did not have the stand. I set it up today with gravel on two wide end tables pushed together and made sure was level. I did not creek or anythong while feeling and seems stable but I was wondering if somehow I'm set up for disaster from anyone's personal experience? 36g tank isn't enormouse but defiantly hefy!

You don't want to have two seperate pieces since it could cause bowing which could lead to cracking or leaking. A quick fix is you could use a 1" piece of plywood cut to size to keep the tank on a flat surface and equally distribute the weight

Thanks looks like I will be draining in the am :( lol. You don't think about that weight until you start filling it for us new guys. All I was thinking was more room for fish! Haha

Ya its surprising. Gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs so it adds up fast. 10 gallon tank is half the weight of your average man lol

Back
Top Bottom