Aquarium stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoutylad22

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in need of another addition to my aquarium. I currently have 1 guppy, 2 platys, 5 cardinal tetra, 4 red cherry shrimp and 3 black malaysian trumpet snails. According to AqAdviser.com my filtration capacity is 265% and my stocking level is 68%. Does anybody have some suggestions as to what I could add to my aquarium?

I'm in need of another addition to my aquarium. I currently have 1 guppy, 2 platys, 5 cardinal tetra, 4 red cherry shrimp and 3 black malaysian trumpet snails. According to AqAdviser.com my filtration capacity is 265% and my stocking level is 68%. Does anybody have some suggestions as to what I could add to my aquarium?

My suggestion: More plants, less fish. Do not overstock your tank. Sooner or later you will eventually have a problem with Nitrates or "Mature Tank Syndrome". The biggest mistake most Aquarists make is........overpopulating the tank.

My suggestion: More plants, less fish. Do not overstock your tank. Sooner or later you will eventually have a problem with Nitrates or "Mature Tank Syndrome". The biggest mistake most Aquarists make is........overpopulating the tank.

Ok thanks for your advice.

I don't want to sound too negative, but do keep up with partial water changes...vacuuming the gravel and removing the gunk.

Back
Top Bottom