Aquarium Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Totoro123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a 10 gallon tank. My filter is a Fluval 30 and I have an air pump to produce bubbles from a bubble wand. It's been up and running for a couple of months.

My tank occupants at the moment: 6 Neon Tetras, 1 Dalmatian Molly - female, 1 Fancy Tailed Guppy - male, and a Mystery Snail. This setup isn't working. My guppy keeps chasing my molly around CONSTANTLY. Apparently guppies and mollies can breed? I also have learned that the advice I received was wrong and mollies can't be kept in a 10 gallon tank. Is this correct? The molly and guppy are still ok to be returned to the store, so getting rid of them is an option. My question is what WOULD go well with my 6 neon tetras? I have no room for babies in my tank either.

Any help would be appreciated! :thanks:

Last edited:
There is no doubt that a 10g is too small for a molly. They need more swimming room than that.

How about a Honey Gourami? They are peaceful and stay relatively small but they are very nice.

There is no doubt that a 10g is too small for a molly. They need more swimming room than that.

How about a Honey Gourami? They are peaceful and stay relatively small but they are very nice.

I totally agree. Mollies get a lot larger than what most people realize.

Honey gourami is a nice choice if you return the molly.

Back
Top Bottom