Aquascape Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anybody have any ideas what to do with these rocks?
Also, anybody have anything they think i should adjust in my tank?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1404954563193.jpg
    1404954563193.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 1404954581730.jpg
    1404954581730.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 131
My advice would be adding some more plants. My melon sword looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Plants plants and more plants! Not sure what to do with the rocks though. Ive tried them in my small aquariums and never liked how much space they took up.

10 Gallon ; Marineland Penguin 150 ; Heater ; Sand Substrate ; 2 Zebra danios

Google image search "ohko stone iwagumi aquascape" and look at the types of layouts for your stones. I'd also add a black background and remove or trim some of the moss. As already stated I'd also look into more plants but figuring out your rock scape comes first and then planting second. Good luck!

You might want to add a background or air stone. If not, get some tall plants to put in the back.

I think it would look nice to add the stones on the left side. Adding the stones would balance it out.

If you wanted, you could stand some of the stones vertically, so it looks like a mountain range. The stones remind me of rocky mountains.

You could create small cliffs, add some willow moss hanging over the edge. Lay some smaller rocks on the side and add some green foreground plants in front and some tall grassy plants all along the back. Leave the middle bare, like a valley.

Before you do all this, you could paint the back a dark gray, dark blue or black, depending on what you like. I use inexpensive craft paints, bought at walmart, and a small sponge roller. It's super easy to paint the glass in back and creates a dramatic effect. The craft paint easily comes off when dry (razor blade to start) if you don't like it. I bought my nephew and nieces fish tanks and we painted the backs, black for the boys and blues for the girls. It was a fun project. I tried a moss green, but it made the water look green, so don't recommend that. I think a dark gray or black would contrast nicely with the light colored stones and green plants.

You might want to add a background or air stone. If not, get some tall plants to put in the back.

I will be putting Hornwort beside the heater. Thats the plant thats floating.

I think it would look nice to add the stones on the left side. Adding the stones would balance it out.

If you wanted, you could stand some of the stones vertically, so it looks like a mountain range. The stones remind me of rocky mountains.

You could create small cliffs, add some willow moss hanging over the edge. Lay some smaller rocks on the side and add some green foreground plants in front and some tall grassy plants all along the back. Leave the middle bare, like a valley.

Before you do all this, you could paint the back a dark gray, dark blue or black, depending on what you like. I use inexpensive craft paints, bought at walmart, and a small sponge roller. It's super easy to paint the glass in back and creates a dramatic effect. The craft paint easily comes off when dry (razor blade to start) if you don't like it. I bought my nephew and nieces fish tanks and we painted the backs, black for the boys and blues for the girls. It was a fun project. I tried a moss green, but it made the water look green, so don't recommend that. I think a dark gray or black would contrast nicely with the light colored stones and green plants.

I did have the stones into a cave on the left but didnt like it.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm assuming the heater is fully submersible. You could run it near the bottom on the right side behind the decor. It's the first thing I see. Or disguise it with hornwort as you just mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom