Aquatop CF500-UV filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got one of these for Christmas and I plan on setting it up tomorrow, anybody have any experience with them or any tips before setting it up? Is it a good filter?

Looks like it only comes with mechanical media, so you'll have to make sure you've got some biological media and (if you want any) chemical media such as carbon.

I can't comment on performance etc as I haven't used it.

Yes I have one its super quiet. I have to keep checking if its on because its super quiet and it does a good job on my tank too.

Check that the fixtures on the filter are tight. If you're on about air coming out the end of the hose with the water, that's pretty normally with a new filter as there can be loads of trapped air in between any of the media.

Ive got the cheap Chinese version of that filter (SunSun, I think) and it did the same thing. I just sort of gently rocked it back and forth, side to side. Id let it sit for a litte bit and then repeat. I think this is somewhat common practice for most canister filters when you first set them up. I had to do it again after I took it apart for cleaning/maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom