Aqueon 2.5g MiniBow design flaw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long have you had this tank? I have one sitting in storage that I have had the hoods swapped out multiple times. I had the issue that the bulb and the part that it screws into just come out of the fixture and float in the tank. Just a bit of a heads up.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
How long have you had this tank? I have one sitting in storage that I have had the hoods swapped out multiple times. I had the issue that the bulb and the part that it screws into just come out of the fixture and float in the tank. Just a bit of a heads up.

Oh probably around 4 months. I'll look at the fixture and see if it looks like it'll come out. If it does I'll just add some hot glue along the seam. Thanks for the heads up!

rreekers said:
can you post a picture of your entire tank? just curious how it looks :)

As I promised:
ForumRunner_20111205_182733.jpg
Now it's not how I want it yet. I need to put a black background on it. And I'm waiting for the plants to fill in. I'm trying something different with the anubias, letting it float and hopefully the roots will grow out everywhere and make a cool looking ”playplace” for the shrimp:) it's already growing the roots pretty fast, when I got it, it had 4 leaves and some nubby roots. At this rate in a couple months it should have some massive roots!!

It's funny, in the picture you can't see the shrimp, but actually looking at it they're everywhere!

00youknowit00 said:
Hmmm, getting clear and painting wouldn't be too hard.. What kind of paint would I need to use so its fish safe?

Krylon fusion works well and is safe for water use.

rreekers said:

Thanks:) its not close to how I want but its getting there. Getting the black background should help a lot. Also something to put on the left side under the filter since the filter blocks the light (as we know:p), finding decorations of kind of hard since I like the natural look though. Haven't seen something that would fit in yet(size or theme).

if you found some slate or lava rock, you could always break it into smaller pieces. I'm regards to rocks, at most pet store it even Walmart they sell bags containing an assortment or river rocks in all sizes, another great place to look for those is craft stores (around me we have Michael's and Joanne's)

So this is what it looks like after 8 days of no cleaning:

ForumRunner_20111211_211852.jpg

I haven't done anything yet, due to lack of free time.. I really need to though

oh goodness.! yeah i would try to cover it with something! if it is getting that bad, pretty much any covering should help

Back
Top Bottom