Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer VS Python Water Changer ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking for a good and easier way to change water than the old days of carrying buckets.
Which of these 2 are better? Or is there another brand I should look into?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The 2 i am referring to is Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer and Python Water changer.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Python is said to be the best out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I recall correctly, the big difference between the two are that the faucet adaptor piece for the python is brass and is plastic for the aqueon. I think you can buy a brass piece at the hardware store though.

You could make your own water changer, but I don't think you'd be saving enough money to make it worthwhile.

I have a python it is fantastic, no more buckets, it make life a lot easier..........

I take it a step further and use a pump to drain my tanks, allowing me to drain one tank and fill another simultaneously.

I take it a step further and use a pump to drain my tanks, allowing me to drain one tank and fill another simultaneously.
Wow!! That's what I call multitasking, I have to make sure the temperature is ok as it goes in........(y)

Wow!! That's what I call multitasking, I have to make sure the temperature is ok as it goes in........(y)

I've got over 400 gallons of aquariums - I don't have time to wait for it to siphon out.

That's one of the benefits to filling with a water changer - matching temps.

The water changer is hooked up to the faucet. I think I was unclear about that. Water changer fills, while a second hose with a pump drains.

I know people who use a pump to fill their tanks though. They use a holding "tank" to alter the chemistry and prepare it for the water change.

The water changer is hooked up to the faucet. I think I was unclear about that. Water changer fills, while a second hose with a pump drains.

I see what you mean. I bought the python but I'm having trouble finding a way to connect it to my tap.

Taps in the UK don't have the external thread and the 'universal' adaptor is way to small to fit over a regular UK tap. I've spent £90 and can't use it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Some people with fancier faucets have to take a trip to the hardware store to get adapters to make it fit. I am admittedly ignorant about UK faucets so that may or may not be the case there.

Some people with fancier faucets have to take a trip to the hardware store to get adapters to make it fit. I am admittedly ignorant about UK faucets so that may or may not be the case there.

It's certainly not that easy here.

There are no threads on the faucet?

I'm curious how people full their water beds over there. The piece is exactly the same as for the water changer. Or are there no water beds?

Aw crappie I'm from UK and just bought a python water changer too. Haven't used it yet but assuming il have the same problem with the tap so please let me know if you find a adapter and where. Ta nat

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aw crappie I'm from UK and just bought a python water changer too. Haven't used it yet but assuming il have the same problem with the tap so please let me know if you find a adapter and where. Ta nat

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ditto! If you are more modern than me you might be in with a shout.

There are no threads on the faucet?

I'm curious how people full their water beds over there. The piece is exactly the same as for the water changer. Or are there no water beds?

I don't think many people use water beds here lol.

Can you post a pic of the faucet?

I'm not at home at the moment. I don't even think my water supply will put water 50 Meters either. I'm on a shared supply and at the end of the block so the water pressure is really poor. I may just sell it.

Back
Top Bottom