Aqueon Modular LED 48" Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonJon40

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the forum here and just getting back into the freshwater tanks after 12 year break. So, I will be definitely calling on your expertise from time to time. So, please be gentle.:)

Just purchased an Aqueon Modular LED Lighting system and really enjoy it. However, I am having a hard time finding additional bulbs for it due to it being a relatively new system I guess. An email to Aqueon has been sent and no response so far. Any ideals as to where I can get these LED bulbs at?

This is a LED type bulb. Aqueon has enclosed a LED light strip inside of a glass tubing for protection if I am correct. The "bulb" has a plug that attaches to a transformer located in the hood unit. You can add up to 3 LED bulbs. It's a neat system and the simulated night lighting is pretty cool. Just can't put that on a timer since it requires you to manual switch between the two types of lighting. Then there is a lack of places where you can get the additional bulbs as well. There is a YOUTUBE video of person that did a review on the light system but there isn't much more information out there on this particular light. I guess I could use a LED strip enclosed in a small plastic tube to hold it in place within the hood. Just have to ensure the plug and voltages are compatable with the transformer unit.

Hm I'm not sure :/. I would've gotten an odyssea. They have one I want. 50$ and comes with the hood 2 t5ho 6500k (I think) then 2 moonlight LEDs. I think in also comes with 2 other lights...

I know exacctly thw light you speak of my local petsmart just stocked them and they also carry them online if your local store dont have them...

Abstract, Thanks for the info and I will check them out. Just thought there might be some additional suppliers out there for this light. Most of the stores and people I have talked with have very little knowledge of this light. They didn't even know it existed until we talked.:) So, I figured this must be a relatively new light being tested on the market prior to a larger release. I sure like mine and would like to check out what the red and white colored lighting looks like in the tank.

hey what did the set up run i found it for 100.00 and each 4 foot tube of leds for 50.00...whats the output on those like

Abstract373,
Just had to take my 48" hood back to PetSmart this morning due to a short in the transformer wiring. The Daylight would not stay at a constant light level. It was staying nice and bright the first couple of days and then it started dimming out. So, got the new hood home a few minutes ago and one of the Nighttime LED's is out already and the light is far more dimmer than my last light was. So, I would have to say stay away from buying this light until they get the bugs worked out of this particular system. The manufacturer is not showing this system on their website and they will not email me back as they say they will. Also, the PETSMART here in Pensacola,FL does not know when they will be getting anymore of the 48" replacement lights again or if they will carry them in the near future. The lights on the PETSMART website is the wrong replacement light and will not work in this lighting system. Really disappointed in this purchase and the support of Aqueon on this item as well. Buyers beware.:facepalm:

New information: PETSMART has bought the Aqueon line of products and is the only known provider of this particular lighting system. This is per the Central Aquatics representative. This is a NEW item and PETSMART is telling me that their corporate hq determines when and what they will receive at any given time. So, it might be months before you will be able to purchase any replacement parts for this light. The replacement parts will not be offered online at the present time and they don't know when or of they will offer it online. My advice is to get rid of this lighting system while you can and save yourself alot of trouble in the future. :banghead:

New to the forum here and just getting back into the freshwater tanks after 12 year break. So, I will be definitely calling on your expertise from time to time. So, please be gentle.:)

Just purchased an Aqueon Modular LED Lighting system and really enjoy it. However, I am having a hard time finding additional bulbs for it due to it being a relatively new system I guess. An email to Aqueon has been sent and no response so far. Any ideals as to where I can get these LED bulbs at?

i buy the same Light today at Pet Smart Canada for 1 x 48`` stripe you pay 45$ canadian $

I just purchased the Aqueon LED kit at Petco here in California. They also stock the replacement LED tubes.

I bought the 48" one from Petsmart also a few months ago. I love it. They stock replacement bulbs there too. I live in MN and its $45-$50. It's for the all white like the one that comes with it but there's also one with red bulbs but I can't find them anywhere. Petsmart is exclusive to this product. :)

I bought a 75g tank from Petsmart which included the hood. original hood light lasted a week... something was wrong with either the switch or a loose connection. took it back for a replacement but they didn't have a 75g tank in stock to replace the hood so they offered the Aqueon LED 48" kit for $50. I love it... shimmer effect are cool. will be purchasing a few more LED strips.

Aqueon Modular LED Aquarium Light - YouTube

I bought a 75g tank from Petsmart which included the hood. original hood light lasted a week... something was wrong with either the switch or a loose connection. took it back for a replacement but they didn't have a 75g tank in stock to replace the hood so they offered the Aqueon LED 48" kit for $50. I love it... shimmer effect are cool. will be purchasing a few more LED strips.

Aqueon Modular LED Aquarium Light - YouTube

i have same one you can upgrade it for 2 more so in tottal 3 led light plus moonlight orsome light all i can say also ajustabel too.

Back
Top Bottom