Aqueon Vacuum won't fit my faucet? Any Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thursyanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought an Aqueon tank vacuum and it won't fit my kitchen faucet because I have the kind that turns into a sprayer. It also won't fit my bathroom sinks when I unscrew the thing, whatever it is. There are no visible threads to screw into. Give me a break, I can change my own oil but can't figure out my faucets!

I had the same problem. I have the optional sprayer in the kitchen and then the bathroom was not acceptable. What we did was unscrew the faucet end peice ( where the water comes out at the very end) then the pc. that comes with the vacuum was too big and wouldn't fit in. We whittled that end down until it fit and would screw in. I can't take it out because it is fragile, but it sure works. Hope this helps a bit.

I had the same problem. I have the optional sprayer in the kitchen and then the bathroom was not acceptable. What we did was unscrew the faucet end peice ( where the water comes out at the very end) then the pc. that comes with the vacuum was too big and wouldn't fit in. We whittled that end down until it fit and would screw in. I can't take it out because it is fragile, but it sure works. Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for letting me know it can be done. I don't want to have to take my faucet apart though. I'm afraid I'd break it. I used the water faucet outside to initially fill up my tank, (it's 55 gal) but now that I have fish in it, it's too cold to use to do a pwc with.

I have a python, had to buy this
img_2312561_0_270177bbdc78fdc719eb8136623fbc38.jpg
and this
img_2312561_1_9235c972c7f03a57f6312697c3e9de7f.jpg
the giant blue piece wouldnt fit, old farmhouse. The sprayer doesnt unscrew?

Thanks guys1 I'll look at getting a python and see if that'll work. (at first I thought you were talking about the slithering kind!!) LOL!! That's how much I know about this stuff!

Go to your local hardware store or Home Dept and they have adapters for these things. Just bring both adapters from the aqueon water changer and you will find it...i had the same problem on my marina water changer...looked everywhere except Home Dept and the adapter that fitted my faucet..cost like 3 bucks.

Go to your local hardware store or Home Dept and they have adapters for these things. Just bring both adapters from the aqueon water changer and you will find it...i had the same problem on my marina water changer...looked everywhere except Home Dept and the adapter that fitted my faucet..cost like 3 bucks.

Thanks. I think I'll take a picture of my faucet too so they know what I'm talking about. I'm not good at describing those things! I'll check out our Home Depot.

I wasnt saying get a python, just mentioning that I had to buy parts to get it to work. Wish I took pictures of the other house we lived in,I had to use the spray bar on the right of the sink. to fill my tanks. that was like 1/4 inch hose took forever. but that head unscrewed.

I wasnt saying get a python, just mentioning that I had to buy parts to get it to work. Wish I took pictures of the other house we lived in,I had to use the spray bar on the right of the sink. to fill my tanks. that was like 1/4 inch hose took forever. but that head unscrewed.
I finally figured that out after I reread your post. I'll figure out something I hope. Thanks for your help!! :)

Back
Top Bottom