aqueon water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought this water changer and the nozzle won't hook up to my faucet. It just doesn't have the right fitting. What should i do? I have to fill a 180 gallon tank that's 4ft from the sink :(

The piece on your sink should unscrew then you can screw the water changer in

DanS180 said:
I just bought this water changer and the nozzle won't hook up to my faucet. It just doesn't have the right fitting. What should i do? I have to fill a 180 gallon tank that's 4ft from the sink :(

I had the same problem! Stinks! I feel for ya. I had to get a buddy of mine who's a plumber he went to the local warehouse and through trial and error we finally found a fitting to a fitting to a fitting that fit the fitting so it would fit the sink whew! It was pain but finally works.

Also you can tap into your water under the sink and make a fitting so it will fit, that was another option he ha suggested if we couldn't get the other way to work. He was gonna tap into the water line and make a fitting and then just put a ball valve so when I needed it I'd just open the valve and turn the sink on. The only issue would then be filling it. You'd have to shut the valve and temp match then open the valve again. Sounds confusing but it's really not. But the other way worked out well. I find that those water changers are made for "old school" faucets and not the newer models like my wife likes. Like the new Deltas or Moens. They don't come off and if you have the the one that the handle is a spray also l, forget it! Not gonna happen. I tried. I had to use the faucet in the bathroom.

Good luck

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
The piece on your sink should unscrew then you can screw the water changer in

Yeah im in an apartment so hopefully there faucets come apart haha but I was thinking that bc the water changer has several different fittings

calfishguy said:
You could buy the adapter they make for the python version. That's what I use.

LFS have these adapters?? Just incase unscrewing it doesn't work

It took me a minute to figure out how mine worked but since I got it working I don't know how I lived without it.

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
It took me a minute to figure out how mine worked but since I got it working I don't know how I lived without it.

Yeah I'm hoping my sink unscrews bc I've heard nothing but GREAT things about it!

DanS180 said:
Yeah I'm hoping my sink unscrews bc I've heard nothing but GREAT things about it!

Shoot a pic of the faucet maybe we can help further. The spout should unscrew and the airrator also. Then on of the adapters should fit. Is the faucet a new one? Like one of those fancy ones? I had one an had the same problem. A pic may shed some light on what our working with.

Convict2161 said:
Shoot a pic of the faucet maybe we can help further. The spout should unscrew and the airrator also. Then on of the adapters should fit. Is the faucet a new one? Like one of those fancy ones? I had one an had the same problem. A pic may shed some light on what our working with.

I'm not home right now for a pic but its not a fancy sink, its like a standard faucet for an apartment complex I guess?? I'm gonna bring home a pair of pliers and see if i can unscrew it, hopefully I don't break it lol

Convict2161 said:

Well after a half hour of fighting with the sink, I managed to get the little cap off... definitely have to go out n buy a new one but overall I got my water changer to work!!! Best invention ever!!! :)

DanS180 said:
Well after a half hour of fighting with the sink, I managed to get the little cap off... definitely have to go out n buy a new one but overall I got my water changer to work!!! Best invention ever!!! :)

Haha good for you! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom