Aqueon water changer problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so, the faucet i want to use has a completely different output. The threading of my sink is on the outside, and so is the water changer head. Im getting really fustrated, cause the adapter they sell is the same way. Ill post a pic soon.
:hide::confused:

Yea i tried unscrewing that, it seemed to wide. That adapter doesnt look like i will work...

If you bring the main head unit to your local hardware store, you should be able to get one to fit. It may require a few trips to get the correct size to fit the faucet......

That's what I think I'm gonna do, thanks.

Don't get to discouraged. I finally sprang for the python wc hookup only to find I needed a special adapter too.. after already buying the hose to sink hook up.. feeling pretty sad about all the $$ spent on plastic. Than I think about dry buckets for the rest of my days and I don't feel so bad..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The WC is a lifesaver! I did buckets for my 90 for 2 changes and got the aqueon changer. I couldn't get it to fit so I go to ace hardware and told the guy "I need this to fit in this..." He looked at me all confused for a minute and screwed in the adapter it came with. Needless to say I that was a very embarrassing moment lol! Anyway, I sent my husband a couple weeks ago to replace the adapter with a metal one because the threads on plastic were very worn. Try to splurge for that. Think it was like $6 (at ace). He said it was a hose adapter... Good luck and like brookster said, don't get discouraged. The trouble will be worth it!

Yea i tried unscrewing that, it seemed to wide. That adapter doesnt look like i will work...

Judging from staring at your photo for a while, it should fit without any other adapters. That comes apart in three pieces. In my pic, the top (with white tie) is a double male. It's not gonna work. The center piece is a female fine thread to male NPT thread. The third is a female NPT (garden hose) connection that goes into the Venturi. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401630629.032714.jpg

Judging from staring at your photo for a while, it should fit without any other adapters. That comes apart in three pieces. In my pic, the top (with white tie) is a double male. It's not gonna work. The center piece is a female fine thread to male NPT thread. The third is a female NPT (garden hose) connection that goes into the Venturi. View attachment 239020
Yea, the middle one is closest, it's just to wide. going to hardware store now.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom