Aqueon Water Conditioner VS. API Stress Coat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Aqueon Water Conditioner or API Stress Coat? Which one is better? Which one would you recommend? If you're comment will be about Seachem Prime than please don't comment.

I personally like API products. My father used them years ago on his fish tanks before they were called API and I use them on mine. While I do like the seachem prime as well I would say the stress coat gets my vote and they also use it at my local pet store too :]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You want something that removes chlorine and chloramines, and heavy metals at the very least. Most water has any of the 3 in them, and they are toxic to fish at certain levels.

So if both of them claim to control those, I'd pick the cheaper one(see how much each one treats).

Prime and some others will also detoxify ammonia, nitrites, nitrate. Which isn't a bad thing, so I'm curious why don't you like Prime?

I don't like it because it smells bad and I'm starting to think it's giving me false readings on my test kit.

I don't like it because it smells bad and I'm starting to think it's giving me false readings on my test kit.

Yeah it does smell bad! But it's not too bad... I'd go for Tetra AquaSafe, it removes the same things as prime, but doesn't smell bad.

As to the false readings you are correct, as it is detoxifies the ammonia so it's harmless to the fish BUT it's still there and will show up on a test.

I never had any luck with tetra aqua safe. I threw a lot of that stuff away because it didn't work well for me. I found yes the prime smells but it works amazing. The stress coat does too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Prime is king. Hands down, no contest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Go for the one with the strongest concentration because that will last longer. My first water conditioner was so watered down I needed a third of the bottle for every wc.

Prime is king. Hands down, no contest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Plus one - I like API products and their safety care sheets are very handy information. But Seachem I have quite a bit of confidence in. Can't comment on the rest.

Prime is easily the best

Sent from my SM-G920T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I prefer API. The lid on the Aqueon got stuck because the cap and lid fit too snuggly. So far my experience is too novice to know which product is best. API seems best in many instances though.

Back
Top Bottom