Aquerium salt to treat algae.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taiken5968

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My question is simple. Is aquarium salt good to get rid of algae. In a fresh water tank? If so is it safe with guppies, sword tails, and a pleco

No.
Using Excel and limiting light is better.
Timer for light. Reduce to 6 hours a day. PWCs to keep water pristine. No sunlight. Don't overfeed.

What size tank ? Plecos are poop machines.

No.
Timer for light. Reduce to 6 hours a day. PWCs to keep water pristine. No sunlight. Don't overfeed.

Yes they are, I am raising up bristlenoses in my small tank. Impossible to get clean

No.

It's just a 10 gallon. And is that salt safe for the plecos? I want to add it anyway because I'm told that it is good for fish health. It kfeeps back infections.

It's just a 10 gallon. And is that salt safe for the plecos? I want to add it anyway because I'm told that it is good for fish health. It kfeeps back infections.

It's an old wives tale. Don't add salt. You have Plecos in a 10g ???

It is not good for their health. You can treat a sick fish with salt in a QT tank, but I don't just throw random stuff in. Healthy fish in a clean tank don't get infections.

I have two 10g and two 5.5g. My fish and plants are important to me no matter if its a 10g or a 100g.

Your tank your choice

This is an older vid of one of my just a 10g

http://youtu.be/aptmdICahvM

Overstocked, but heavily planted and small fishes w small bioloads.

Beautiful tank. Don't worry about being overstocked. I don't think that one inch per gallon rule isn't set in stone.

I want a heavily planted tank like that one day. I have a fee in both my tanks. I also have a 60 gallon that I will set up and stock when I buy a house.

Here are some pics of my tanks.
First is the swordtail, guppy, and pleco ten gallon tank.
Second is a 29 gallon. It's overstocked, but I have never had any problems with it.
The empty one o course is the 60.

Attachments

• image-123131476.jpg
    image-123131476.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2689926259.jpg
    image-2689926259.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-977423379.jpg
    image-977423379.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 71
Beautiful tank. Don't worry about being overstocked. I don't think that one inch per gallon rule isn't set in stone.

I want a heavily planted tank like that one day. I have a fee in both my tanks. I also have a 60 gallon that I will set up and stock when I buy a house.

Here are some pics of my tanks.
First is the swordtail, guppy, and pleco ten gallon tank.
Second is a 29 gallon. It's overstocked, but I have never had any problems with it.
The empty one o course is the 60.

I don't worry. I'm have a lot of experience with fish. I used to manage a pet store and I've had tanks since I was 12.

So will you move your fish out of the 10g into the 60g ? The Guppies are the only ones that are the right size for a 10g as you may know.

I don't worry. I'm have a lot of experience with fish. I used to manage a pet store and I've had tanks since I was 12.

So will you move your fish out of the 10g into the 60g ? The Guppies are the only ones that are the right size for a 10g as you may know.

I'm going to move the guppies to the 29 gallon. Then I'll move the ones from the 29 to the 60.

Back
Top Bottom