archer fish shooting practice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philc21

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just recently got an archerfish and i was wondering if there was sumthin i could do so he could practice spitting water my water level is already low but do i need to give him sumthing to shoot at does n e one have one and have n e ideas?

Not sure; I've read archer fish rarely shoot in captivity. Maybe because they're fed regularly and don't need to hunt?

You might try a nice fat housefly. Since it is winter, unfortunately, house fly supplies are pretty low. Depending on the size of your archerfish you could use a cricket or wingless fruit flies (available at some pet stores).

my gourami broke my light (until it dries off) because i think he might of been shooting it (i think it was her) because when i saw my light when i came home from school there were little drops of water dripping off the light (might of been evaporated water)

yea i thought of that but how would i get it so the fish could shoot at it i tried hanging a krill wich is what hes been eating from a string but the archer doesnt have time to get it cause im keeping it with a small red eared slider and hes swimming his hardest to get the krill and he usually gets it b4 the archer even sees it if n e one else has n e suggestions it would be greatly appreciated i hope i can get him to shoot in captivity it would be really cool

i was thinking about that i think ill try that 2morrow since the turtles already eat more then his share of krill today lol

Back
Top Bottom