Are dwarf gouramis, bettas, and cory cats compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midnightcat123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a 20 gallon aquarium with 3 peppered cory catfish and 3 turquoise guppies. No problems yet. Btw the tank is all plastic plants, no live. I want to add another catfish, guppy and add 1 or 2 dwarf gouramis as a centerpiece. Would this be overstocking? Would the gourami(s) be able to live in a non-live plant aquarium? Are these fish compatible?
If anyone can reply before saturday, that would be great because thats when I can go to petsmart. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440643875.349367.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Bettas and gourami are related so no go in that. Also some bettas will attack guppies because they have long fancy fins like another male betta does. I'd up the corys to 6 because they like to live in bigger groups. Are the guppies males?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bettas and gourami are related so no go in that. Also some bettas will attack guppies because they have long fancy fins like another male betta does. I'd up the corys to 6 because they like to live in bigger groups. Are the guppies males?

This is sad but true

This has been a public service announcement published by fishtank3

Oh sorry, I meant to write guppies in the title instead of bettas. Not thinking right today.
1.I really dont want to have most of my tank filled with the cories because they just hide when people are watching them.
2.Yes. The guppies are all male
Once again sorry for confusion.

Oh sorry, I meant to write guppies in the title instead of bettas. Not thinking right today.
1.I really dont want to have most of my tank filled with the cories because they just hide when people are watching them.
2.Yes. The guppies are all male
Once again sorry for confusion.

It shouldn't be that you don't want more cories. You should do what's better for the fish, so you should get them into a group of 6. Plus, cories will be more active and entertaining in a large group. In a small group they will usually hide and not move as much.

My albinos are extremely active and friendly. When I stick my hand in the tank to collect eggs they come right over and nudge me. Pseudo is right. The more you have the less they hide because they are happier. In a 20g I don't think they'd take up most of the tank as they stay towards the bottom.

Adding Corries

Also, if you add more corries to make a school, they will be more apt to come out and explore as a group. My corries are very active in their school and zip all over the tank, they can be really fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom