Are fire eels aggressive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Title updated.

What is your current stocking and tank size?

If you cannot describe the current stocking of the tank, no one will be able to give you a good answer. If that is the case, please let me know and I will close the thread.

I believe you would need a tank size along the lines of 48x24x24 to keep one. Imo the 60 gallon may work for a single specimen. I have never kept one but that's just what I've got from Google search "profiles". I would think something that big would still need a bigger tank but since its a eel its probably ok. Maybe HN1
has kept them or breed them to give more info.

HN1 said:
If you cannot describe the current stocking of the tank, no one will be able to give you a good answer. If that is the case, please let me know and I will close the thread.

I believe the tank is empty and he is looking for advice on different stock on multiple threads.

I've seen several in the mid 30's. Look on youtube as there are several videos of 30"+ fire eels.

This is my old 16" fire eel that I kept in a 55g for a week as I set up a 120g (4x2x2). As you can see he was cramped and that was only 1/2 the size that they can get.

img_2171410_0_57f446e1f0646a156dd76163d4b6fa7a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom