Are Gouramis Friendly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 platys and fry, 4 bloodfin tetras, 2 Cory's 2 ghost shrimp and 2 loaches. Would any kind of gourami be compatable with them? I want a maybe 1 or 2 idk yet. Just want something to stand out and I think those will work.

Gourami's are pretty peaceful fish... Unless there together! Then they can get a little territorial. One would look great though! I love my Opaline gourami! Be careful with the shrimp though... Depending on their size, he might eat them up!

Attachments

• image-2241506057.jpg
    image-2241506057.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 101
So just get one? Should I get male or female? And would they get territorial with my other fish? Thanks for the help.

I don't have a lot of experience, but I do have 2 gold gouramis. They will eat your ghost shrimp most likely, but they'll leave the others alone. I would only get one, though. I had my 2 in a 30 gallon together and one was agressive to the other, so I had to separate them.

I have a dwarf gourami with 6 glowlight tetras, a female betta, 3 otos and 4 RCS and he is the most peaceful fish I have. I think they are actually omnivore so he munches away on algae from time to time. I was worried at first too but I definitely don't regret it, he's a beautiful fish!

I agree they, only hate each other. I have a kissing Gourami going to be 6 years in my 55 he stands out a lot since hes bright pink but can get bigger than the others plus his mouth is huge. I would suggest a dwarf or sunset those are cool too

Fishandmusic81 said:
After googling it looks like a gold gourami

No no its just a standard dwarf gourami, his blue stripes don't show up that well with my white sand but he looks pretty good in that picture! :D I googled the gold one and they are also beautiful. I def recommend them as a center piece for a nice peaceful community though.

I like yours, she's pretty haha I want her. But I think I'm going to look today. Does make or female really make a difference?

You might want to round out your other schools before you get a new species. What kind of loaches do you have?

Is this for the 10 gallon listed in your profile?

Back
Top Bottom