Are mollies poop machines like platys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
I realize they look very similar, are mollies as dirty as platys?

They are probably a bit more messy since they get bigger.

However, I don't believe livebearers are really that much more messy than other fish their size.

Awesome. I bought some mollies for my tank. I kind of prefer fish that a cleaner. :( whoops. Oh well, they're pretty.

jmay33 said:
Awesome. I bought some mollies for my tank. I kind of prefer fish that a cleaner. :( whoops. Oh well, they're pretty.

Just do your water changes :)

Alright. I will. Thanks. :) here's a picture of my mollies! It's a bad one with a bad glare. Really doesn't do them justice. They're so black that they look like velvet!

Attachments

• image-619811501.jpg
    image-619811501.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 101
YES!

They are basically tropical Goldfish!

From my experience, they poop just as much as plecos.

Alright. I will. Thanks. :) here's a picture of my mollies! It's a bad one with a bad glare. Really doesn't do them justice. They're so black that they look like velvet!

OMG! I have the exact same plants in almost the same location! and the exact same background! The exact same fish in the tank! WOw! Good taste!

Oceangirl said:
OMG! I have the exact same plants in almost the same location! and the exact same background! The exact same fish in the tank! WOw! Good taste!

Haha. Great minds must think alike! :)

pzunker said:
I have a FW Molly living in my SW tank and shes doing awesome. I love her!

How easy was it to acclimate her to saltwater?

Used 3 of them to break in the tank. 3 lasted quite a while and 2 disappeared. But the last ones been going strong for many months. But they started instantly in the SW and acclimated fine.

Back
Top Bottom