Are my balloon mollies carrying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izobelbransen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have seven balloon mollies in my tank, 6 female and one male. I had two males up until today, the aggressiveness was too high for my community tank. Ive noticed changes in appetite in three of my females, and two seemed to be getting larger and more squared out. The other female's gravid spot is getting progressively darker but she isn't as square. I wasn't aware that any of them were sexually mature, but I'm curious to know. I've read a lot about a "birthing tube" and was looking at my female's and the three possibly carrying ones seem to have a visible one wether they're going to the bathroom or not, but the others don't. Help? Are they carrying? If so, will I have fry soon? They are both temporarily in separate tanks. I'm hoping to keep the fry from only those two to give them to a local shop that buys babies. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414207583.551139.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414207600.435498.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414207616.417400.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom