Are Rummynose Narcissistic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently rescaped my 55 planted and took out a large plant that shaded the right side. This opened up a lot of swimming room. My Harlequins became more active. My rummynose then became obsessed with the right side of my tank. Even though they had lots more swimming room they weren't taking advantage of it. I thought that was strange and I figured they were just getting used to the new layout. A week went by and still they hung out on the right side of the tank. I didn't worry about it too much. Another few days passed and then I began to think that this was really strange. I observed their behavior and I noticed that they mainly did this when the light was on. I couldn't figure it out then I thought "duh" the light creates more reflection on the glass. They were looking at their own reflections and admiring themselves. Well not really because they probably thought it was another school of rummynose but I thought it was funny. I held my hand against the side of the glass and they all swam around like normal. I have taped a piece of paper on the side of the tank now and the rummynose are going all over the place.

I have fish doing that from time to time, like my male killi will watch himself and follow his own reflection for HOURS!

I had a 6 line wrasse and a yellow tang that would try and attack their reflections. The 6 line would also go crazy when there were Christmas lights in the room, I think he thought they were another fish. He would display for them, it was hysterical to watch. Fish are weird critters sometimes.

Here is the 6 Line with his reflection....if only I had cleaned that side glass...
P1030817.JPG

Back
Top Bottom