are shrimp worth getting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulmorgan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have jet black gravel and despite doin at least 10 percent water c hange a week and feeding every other day still get a lot of poop and it really shows up, thinking about getting some shrimp today as i have been told they eat it! will it make much difference?

Hi Paul I do not know I k ow in England they are called crap eaters basically cos they eat all the yuk in ya tank. I was thinking of getting some but do not k ow if my bala shark would eat them!

Hi there I know in England they are called crap eaters cos basically they eat all the yuk in ya tank so maybe a good idea! I want to get some but dnt know if my bala shark would eat them!

im in wales so they will be called same thing haha, some one in pets at home told me about them and they dont add to capacity of tank either, so illl see what people say on here if its positive ill go get some later

Sorry ha ha most of the people on here are from America ha ha. I like the blood shrimp but they are marine only and I've gota tropical tank

im new to all this so am only going on what ive been told, the ones she showed me are kinda ugly but if they serve theyre purpose then all good, ill investigate further when i go to town later

I have amanos in one tank and red cherrys int other. Imo they are brill at eating fish poo. Larger amanos are prob best with balas

thanks, i only have a 48 litre tank, how many would u recomend getting?

Start of with 4 or 6 see how they go. I think amanos are 2 for £5 at pets at home

I've just bought some shrimp from pets at little see through things so can't bloody see them now ha ha

They grow fast mine are 2 inch now had them 6 month

Back
Top Bottom