Are we cookin our fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey what do you all think about this article?
Whaddaya mean, too hot? — Seriously Fish
Its got me wanting to turn my heaters down a few degrees but I am not sure how accurate it is. I almost wonder if I could run one of my tanks heaterless.

Great article I'm turning my tanks down a little not unplugging them tho. Especially considering that the door to the minus forty Celsius is right beside my 55. This has me thinking that maybe turning the heater down on my 29 would allow me to add more stock because my angels wouldn't be in their "breeding temp" and therefore not as aggressive any thoughts.

Great article I'm turning my tanks down a little not unplugging them tho. Especially considering that the door to the minus forty Celsius is right beside my 55. This has me thinking that maybe turning the heater down on my 29 would allow me to add more stock because my angels wouldn't be in their "breeding temp" and therefore not as aggressive any thoughts.

Thats kinda what I am wondering. Also will it increase the life span of the fish?

Thats kinda what I am wondering. Also will it increase the life span of the fish?
If you hit the perfect temperature it will. Too high might increase the metabolism , witch might make him live less. Lowering will lower his metabolism witch can have other bad impacts.

Also, i live in canada. Ontario-Quebec part so its hot in summer, cold in winter.

I gotchya. I just wonder if we are being told the wrong temps. Like the peaks instead of an average or the aair temp instead of the water temp.

I gotchya. I just wonder if we are being told the wrong temps. Like the peaks instead of an average or the aair temp instead of the water temp.
We couldn't really know. All i know is i keep my oscar at around 77 degrees

I checked online for example the average temp of some of the lakes where our rainbows live. Its not house temp but its not 80 either. Its more like 74-75.

Im gonna look it up on some of my fish I think.

Back
Top Bottom