are we monsters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have currently

I talked with her today and she says she feels guilty returning them to the store. I would never flush or release

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude.. that's a ridiculous stock. I'm really not trying to bash here (not bashingg) but a blue acara will hit 6".. you need to take most back:(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude.. that's a ridiculous stock. I'm really not trying to bash here (not bashingg) but a blue acara will hit 6".. you need to take most back:(

I KNOW lol,

maybe you should talk to her :p

Put her on the phone! This is how I ended up with 4 tanks;)

I fully understand that starting up this hobby can have a lot of trial and error. If you took a poll, I would wager a guess that virtually everybody made some early on mistakes with the stock they selected. I did. So, no judgement. I am just going to point out that perhaps you should ask her what makes you a monster, taking care of a living being under your care and making certain it can thrive in it's life, even if that means thriving in somebody else's tank, or letting the fish you have slowly die of overcrowding and aggression? Not to be harsh, but those are your options.
I frequently win battles by making the other side sound worse. It is called relationships! :p
Or, offer plan c. More tanks! Everybody wins!
If you poll most long time fish keepers, you will also find that we virtually all re-home fish. I have done it when fish were too aggressive, and when I had to move. It happens. Fish are not like mammals who will sit around missing you, they will just swim on.

My monster comment was more a joke about abandoning our fish

do it all the time they love me 2 I get rare fish theu go nuts for lol

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know. And my response is a way to deal with abandoning your fish.

k

Yeah it honestly wouldnt bother me, though I would feel guilty to some degree if I went back to the LFS ans saw they put my poor fish in a tank now infested with ich or columnaris. Like I took them from a nice happy clean place and dumped them in a death sentence.

I did it. It was so tough turning in the dalmation molly but I had to take 3 out. My LFS took them. I wanted to knock the kids teeth out. I just finished saying how much we loves that fish and how docile it is and then he goes "would you mind if we tried acclimating it to salt water?"
I told him I would be back to check the tank periodically.
Was 2 mollies and my flying fox.
Tank looks weird and she is kind of mad I did it but I noticed my levels going mezz and knew the tank was overstocked.
I'm actually going to buy the next size up of my filter as well. Its only 20$ on amazon and uses the same filter and bio cartridge so it would make an easy swap out.

:(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mollies like brackish water ;)

Mollies like brackish water ;)

I know but she lived in fresh and that's where I want her to finish her life happy and healthy

Technically they do better in brackish.. she'll be good bro..

Back
Top Bottom