arent snails the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
am i the only one that does that where u put them in ur hand and wait for them to come out and then they crawl on u and try 2 eat u?

I have had my snails crawling on my hands before....but never remember one biting me, eating me or anything of the sort...

its not really biting but its like them eating offa glass. it feels good and tickles. feel like ur hands been in really cold water then put it in warm and it tingles

lol if i tried the pond snails id break the shell (accidently) and then id just put them in with my puffers..

can any1 tell me the difference between mystery snails and the apple snails??

how do you sex snails?

dont they have both reproductive organs?

and for the bridgessi (i think) do they lay their eggs above or below the waterline?

when some snails lay their eggs above the waterline do they attach it to the glass or do you need like a plant toget up there

Mystery snails are just a species of Apple Snail, Just like Gold Inca and Ramshorn.

THe only way to sex Apple Snails is if the two snails are the same age, been fed the same food, at the same times. If so I believe the female will be the larger one and the male will be the smaller.

Some snails lay above, some below.

okay what is another source of calcium? because my snails shell i can kinda see through it and the other one has it pretty badly chipped at the edge so i think i needa put something in there or put something in the water

1)

How many snails do you have in a tank, and whats teh size of the tank?

2)

How often do you do water changes?

Unless you have incredibly soft water, water changes every week should be sufficient I would think..

I've held garden snails and let them crawl on my hand. It does feel kinda strange.
My tap water is too soft for healthy aquarium snails, tho.

Back
Top Bottom