ARGH nooooo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt.Gorilla

Aquarium Advice Freak
My big comet has always been really skitish while being fed but this time he went too far....
he went up for a bit i food and when I went to sit down i hit the floor with i thump, he dartet into the side of the tank and.... :cry: broke a chunk of his nose....it's kinda red.
He didn't finish his food and I'm really hoping he can heal, its not a big piece and he can still open his mouth, he was yawning a bit right after as most people would if they were hit in the jaw....

I really wish he wouldn't do crap like this.

Ahh yes!

he already started eating, hes a bit slowwen in the nose though, what a dummy. :oops: :mrgreen:

If there is scale damage I would use some Melafix to help it heal. It is great stuff and I have had wonderful success with it to treat fin rot. It does not damage your biofilter, either, and you do not have to "remove it" from your water with carbon when you are finished treatment.

Every once in a while my angel will do the same thing when startled, but so far no injuries.

Although those type of injuries are usually not too bad for the fish (I wonder if fish get embarrassed?)- secondary infections can set up in the wound (especially fungus). Tankgirl's suggestion of treating with Melafix is a great idea-- at the very least, keep a CLOSE eye on him for a few days and make sure the wound stays clean. :D

Back
Top Bottom