Arius jordani / Colombian Shark / Silver Tipped / Various..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok.. I have this silver tipped shark (catfish) that I've had for a couple months (6 months to be exact) hes about 5-5.5 inches now and he seems to be really picky about the food I give him..

He used to eat flakes all the time and blood worms every now and then but about three weeks ago he doesn't really seem to be so attracted to them. I mean he used to come to the surface and grab the flakes like a wild man and he'd swim around the tank taking the blood worms too but now he almost ignores them

he looks healthy and is eating something (most likely scouring the bottom in the middle of the night since he still is a catfish) and his color really hasn't changed so it doesn't really look like there are any real visible signs of stress so.

maybe i'm just too worried -- does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to get him back to normal eating habits :|

-thane

Why not try some sinking tablets. I drop some shrimp sink tablets in my tank for most of my bottom dwellers

SerLunchbox said:
Why not try some sinking tablets. I drop some shrimp sink tablets in my tank for most of my bottom dwellers

well i've been using those lately i'm not really sure if him or the pictus go after them but since he has been healthy i assume that he is eating that do you know of anything else that he might like (i've tried frozen beefhearts none of my fish like that so)

Back
Top Bottom