arowana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry but none they will get huge and aggressive. I would suggest a 50-75 gallon if not 90-150.

from, Adam

Truthfully none, they are fast growing but slow to mature with a large bioload. I worked with a man that had one in a 100 gallon tank and he was looking for a larger tank and in the 100 gallon he was looking to get a blood red arowana. He made several trips out of state to try to locate one. I doubt if he as found one yet.

Nope, but you could try cichlids. You really don't have much you could do with a ten other than a community or small cichlid. If you decided to go saltie you could do a lot more ;)

from, Adam

Sorry but again no they also need the same size tank as an arowana

from, Adam

My friend has 2 jack dempseys and 1 tiger Oscar in a 14 gal tank. Is this healthy?

No, not at all. The jack dempseys need 55 gallon tanks the oscar needs 75. Preferably 100. Why exactly are you wanting these fish? You realize the oscars hit ~14" and the arrowanas hit 3-4 feet?

ummm ya no.....you should just get a few feder goldfish see how that goes..you would have to jam a full grown arowana into a 10galon tank...but what ever you do...good luck you will need it badly

ummm ya no.....you should just get a few feder goldfish see how that goes..you would have to jam a full grown arowana into a 10galon tank...but what ever you do...good luck you will need it badly

No. Goldfish get to one foot long each. My "feeder" goldfish in my pond are each about 7 years old and 14" long.

I would go with mollies, guppies, danios, snails, neon tetras, platies, betta(only 1 male or a few females), and ther fish like that. These are all pretty much single options, definitely the betta

from, Adam

I have an arowana now and its in a 150, which it will probably out grow if that tells ya anything. The last oscars I had lived for 8 years and the biggest was 22". A 10gal would be good to hold fish to feed your arowana/oscars if you had a big enough tank to put them into. Look up the fish your asking about, your using something to view this site that will show you how big they get. look into neons or small tetras something along those lines are better for a 10g

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

A full-grown arrowana gets four feet long and really needs a minimum of 300g. A pond would be better.

Oscars get 12"-18" long and don't belong in anything smaller than a 75g for two of them.

As Crepe said, feeder or common goldfish get longer than a 10g tank too.

No cichlid other than some tiny shell-dwellers belongs in a 10g either.

You're pretty limited on fish selection with a 10g. Small tetras or rasboras are options.

No. Goldfish get to one foot long each. My "feeder" goldfish in my pond are each about 7 years old and 14" long.

this guy is asking if he can put an arowana in a 10galon tank i am giving him the single cheepest easyest to keep fish of all time that will live in any conditions no problems and stunting doesnt effect the health of them its that or a beta

I would go on craigslist, if this is an option, and buy a tank that is bigger. You could find 100s for 100$ or a 30 for 50. It is really nice. Look for something that would suit you, not the biggest with a good price.

from, Adam

this guy is asking if he can put an arowana in a 10galon tank i am giving him the single cheepest easyest to keep fish of all time that will live in any conditions no problems and stunting doesnt effect the health of them its that or a beta

Goldfish do get stunted in small aquariums, and it's NOT good for them to be in such a small tank. He would eventually have to find a new home for the fish.

To the OP, kudos to you for checking before just going out and buying the fish. ;) Now just remember to fishless cycle before you decide which fish to get.

Back
Top Bottom