Arowana advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nothing below a 125, my buddy has 2 of these guys in a 180 with some kinda bass looking fish and they look like they could use more room, there not the kinda fish for begineers

Funny, all this talk of "30 inches" describing a fish that gets 50-60 inches without a problem given the right room to grow...

Type it into wikipedia... I guess 60 inches is a bit of a stretch, but 50 inches (wikipedia states "over 48 inches": 48 inches is 2 away from 50, last time I checked) is right on the mark. I will try to find another link, but I personally saw one once that was over four foot, crammed into a 280 gallon tank at a pet shop in Fort Lauderdale. I wish I took pics. He looked like he could grow some more and was already as fat as a potbellied pig.

heres a link where it qoutes 55-58 inches:

http://aquariumlore.blogspot.com/2006/04/arowana.html

The point I was tring to make is that people are seriously mislead as to how big most of the fish they keep are going to grow, let alone a mature arowana... They are truly monster fish.

Without a pond like structure, I think the arowana should not be purchased. They just grow too big for all but Public Aquarium Exhibits. This is kind of why I have a membership to the Baltimore Aquarium. Anytime I want to see these beasts, I go and spend an hour taking them in...

Back
Top Bottom