arowana & tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
on YouTube I have seen videos of silver arowanas living with large schools of tetras in aquariums. are the people that make the videos just lucky they co-exist, or is it that as long as they are with small fish from babies you can do this? I have an arowana that's around 7 inches in a 150 gallon tank and would love to turn it into a huge planted community tank with my arowana being the center piece.

Lots of variables really.

The temperament of the fish are a big player.

But I have read that so long as some fish are kept well fed you can avoid some "feeding" on lesser fish.

Guess its down to if you want to try it, if so I'd get a few neons so if they are eaten your wallet isn't too hurt

at petco they have a sale: 5 black neons for $5 so I'll get 5-10 and see how he handles them

Scouser said:
Nice edit on the percolating :p

Gotta love iPhones ;)

Keep us informed of how things go please!

hahaha I know the iPhone has a mind of it's own. I'm gonna stop by percolate today and report how it goes. would there be any recommended way to introduce the tetras in the tank? or should I just dump them in there after acclimating?

ya. not gonna work. put one in and it was toast. I'm gonna put the rest in a new 60 gallon community I started.

Back
Top Bottom