Arowana help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My aro is about the same age and size. I've noticed the same behavior. It tends to occur more often when the food is simply to big to swallow. Mine will eat cichlid pellets and freeze dried krill constantly as long as i break into smaller bites.

Oh I was just about to ask and see if aros do eat cichlids pellets
That's a relief to hear before I buy them

But before, I'm planning on buying a few crickets from the store just to coax him and hopefully get him to eat because he looks really skinny

Oh I was just about to ask and see if aros do eat cichlids pellets
That's a relief to hear before I buy them

But before, I'm planning on buying a few crickets from the store just to coax him and hopefully get him to eat because he looks really skinny

Just make sure to break them into small pieces.

How did you coax him into eating? Because I put in 2 crickets right now but he doesn't seem to want it
My angelfish see it and try to nibble at it
But my aro just keeps swimming by it

haha ur funny feeders!!! u wanna kill his poor arowana with those parasite infested feeders, unless u breed ur own feeders!!!! but u can do bloodworms and there is no problem with flakes or pellets !!! they need that when they r small

Umm you know most fish do carry parasites. There is nothing wrong with feeding feeder guppies and feeder goldfish. They are there dor a reason. Thats why you quarintine before you feed them to the arowana. Id go with feeder golfish. Feed the feeder goldfish a gut loaded diet or feed them what you want your arowana to eat. Quarintine the feeders for around a week or 2

How did you coax him into eating? Because I put in 2 crickets right now but he doesn't seem to want it
My angelfish see it and try to nibble at it
But my aro just keeps swimming by it

Maybe try the pellets. Mine started off with five feeder fish then pellets now krill. I just got another one today (1") and its eating blood worms.

You just got a 1" aro?

I even tried pellets but just swims away

Tomorrow I'm gonna put him all alone in my 10 gallon for a week just to focus on him to make sure he's eating because I want to make sure he's eating before I put him in my pond

You just got a 1" aro?

I even tried pellets but just swims away

Tomorrow I'm gonna put him all alone in my 10 gallon for a week just to focus on him to make sure he's eating because I want to make sure he's eating before I put him in my pond

That should definitely help. Good luck!

Thank you

I just hope he doesn't die because lately every fish I've put in there has died and idk why so I sterilized everything with bleach yesterday. I hope that helps

Ill let you guys know what happens

Thank you

I just hope he doesn't die because lately every fish I've put in there has died and idk why so I sterilized everything with bleach yesterday. I hope that helps

Ill let you guys know what happens

As a college wrestler I'm gonna say DO NOT put a fish in any thing that's been cleaned with bleach. Or for that matter don't let any living organism ingest bleach. Extremely harmful.

As a college wrestler I'm gonna say DO NOT put a fish in any thing that's been cleaned with bleach. Or for that matter don't let any living organism ingest bleach. Extremely harmful.

bleach is perfectly safe for cleaning aquariums, IF it is unscented bleach and you allow it to dry completely afterwards.

Typically when I clean mine I just take it outside give it a thorough rinse with the hose then let it air dry and wipe it down with a warm to hot water and rag. I've never used any chemicals or cleaning agents on my tank, but there could be some out there that are safe for fish but I wouldn't know.

When I washed it with bleach I put 1tsp to 9 cups

Less than 10%
Then after I washed it down with just water for more than half an hour to make sure there's no bleach left

When I washed it with bleach I put 1tsp to 9 cups

Less than 10%
Then after I washed it down with just water for more than half an hour to make sure there's no bleach left

Should be fine as long as its air dried completely. That's about the same ratio we clean mats with.

Here's a picture of my aro

He's about 6"

I've had him for about a month and idk if he eats but whenever I feed I don't see him eating

In the picture I just put in 2 small crickets and he can clearly see it because my Angels can see it
But he just swims away

Also another question, I've noticed it since last night
Idk why he does it but he'll swim then out of nowhere he'll kind of twitch or whatever then randomly jump or something
Luckily I have a lid and he can't jump out
But do you know why he does this?

Attachments

• image-1058736702.jpg
    image-1058736702.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 52
Heres a pic of him

I just put him in my 10 gallon

Bare bottom

Pretty much nothing in there except that one decor in the middle and a bubbler

Does he look normal or look like something's wrong with him?

Attachments

• image-219868101.jpg
    image-219868101.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom