Arowana Replacement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bates1990 said:
I have a 100 gallon right now but I'll be starting up a 210 gallon in a couple weeks my silver arow is around 7 inches right now. I had a 17 inch silver but I left a tiny whole open on the top of my and he jumped out:(( and yes personally I think 220 is good for life maybe with a silver but almost for sure with a Jardini. Arowanas usually need like 6-8 ft longer is better

My 150 is 6 feet long but only 18 inches wide

If I do get a 220 gallon could I do this for my stock??
1 Arowana
2 Eclipse Catfish
1 Oscar
2 Green Terrors
1 Pleco

vanimal said:
My 150 is 6 feet long but only 18 inches wide

That won't work for anything over 20" or so cause it'll have a tuff time turning around my 100g is like two and a half ft wide on one side and like 20" on the other side cause I have a wave front so they have a lot of room for turning for a while lol ill still deff have to upgrade also.

Ok I think a Jardini would last a while in it. How long does it take them to get 20 inches?

vanimal said:
If I do get a 220 gallon could I do this for my stock??
1 Arowana
2 Eclipse Catfish
1 Oscar
2 Green Terrors
1 Pleco

I'm guessing a green terror is like a flower horn so yea I think you can pull that off in a 220 just make sure that your tank is cycled all the way if not you'll have bad problems with ammonia and nitrates because those fish have very large amounts of waste those fish can put it away so make sure not to over feed also large aquariums in my opinion are a lot more difficult but I think you can pull it off with that group mines more pact then that lol mines over stocked though that's why I'm getting the 210

vanimal said:
Ok I think a Jardini would last a while in it. How long does it take them to get 20 inches?

My silver took about 8 months to get 15 inches or so from 5 inches

Bates1990 said:
My silver took about 8 months to get 15 inches or so from 5 inches

Ok what do you feed him? I've seen a lot of people on YouTube feeding prawn or deshelled shrimp

vanimal said:
Ok what do you feed him? I've seen a lot of people on YouTube feeding prawn or deshelled shrimp

They will eat almost anything frozen cubes of beef hearts blood worms or shrimp also goldfish minnows or pellets theyre not that picky

Ok ill feed pellets, beef heart and maybe frozen prawns when he gets bigger.

I feed mine chopped up perch and minnows when they get bigger feed it hikari food sticks or carnisticks

Back
Top Bottom