Arowana Season?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
When's the "Arowana Season"? (When more arowanas like smaller ones 3-4 inches appears) My friend wants to know and since his mom doesn't let him get online except for hwk and on holidays, I'm gona ask for him. He's lucky he has I think 125 Gallon tank or was it more... When I get a job and house I'm gona get a huge tank XD

Lol your in Canada. He's in Texas. He's probably going to ask the LFS to order some huh?

Really? He's been to many LFS and he only see's like 6-9 inches. And he say's he wants to have one small to grow. I've seen Jardini's at my favorite LFS, but they cost $120 x.x. Lol and it was like 6 inches.

Aros under 4" can be pretty fragile...I usually suggest that 4" be the smallest anyone gets....besides, a 2" aro will be a 6" aro in a month or two anyways.

My friend just likes seeing small fish turn into huge fish lol. He likes raising fish from the youngest age he can get them to their adult age.

Rxblade123 said:
My friend just likes seeing small fish turn into huge fish lol. He likes raising fish from the youngest age he can get them to their adult age.

Aros at their youngset age are a big risk, as until they have fully absorbed their yolk-sacs and are feeding on small pellets or frozen, the mortality rate is quite high....not worth spending $100 on 5 young aros, only to have 3 die on you.

THe jardini's here in so cali were 79.99. They had two of them at my local LFS. My cousin had some great sucess raising one from a yok sac. Started him off on flakes and on to pellets. Currently feeding him super mealworms. 4 years and going strong. Heh, he makes a 180 gallon tank look small ^_^

Grabbed a photo of the beast. Picture is about 4 months old. He just recovered from a case of fin rot after we transfered him from his old 90 gallon to the 180. He's approximately 1 3/4 feet long atm.

SnyperP said:
My cousin had some great sucess raising one from a yok sac. Started him off on flakes and on to pellets. Currently feeding him super mealworms. 4 years and going strong. He's approximately 1 3/4 feet long atm

Your cousin got lucky. Is the aro's diet exclusively superworms? At 4 years, I would expect a silver to be 36"+....not 20"...is his a silver...or a jardini?

It's a Jardini. Whoops..going from not being able to post a picture to posting too many! Sorry =/

Back
Top Bottom