Arrangement ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here is a picture setup of my plant pots and stones. But in am thinking about rearranging these.

Any suggestions???
Would like to make it look natural.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407450210.108923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, I couldn't really say that terra cota are found in nature, so I don't know how natural your setup is going to look.
That said, scaping is all about what you like. After all, you are the one who has to look at it everyday. :) If it was, I would probably offset a few things so they are not all facing so perfectly forward.

Well, I couldn't really say that terra cota are found in nature, so I don't know how natural your setup is going to look.

That said, scaping is all about what you like. After all, you are the one who has to look at it everyday. :) If it was, I would probably offset a few things so they are not all facing so perfectly forward.

I realize the terra cota aren't found in nature. But I am more worried about the landscaping looking natural. Just looking for suggestions on what people have done that I could try or get ideas from.

Lol, I assumed as much. :)

I still suggest offsetting things at an angle and perhaps less uniform positioning. You can also try adding a few smaller stones to add to the unevenness. More plants also always makes look a bit more natural.

Had to do about a 85-90% water change today because we tore our carpet out so had to move the tank just enough my to move the stand to tear the carpet underneath it and then moved it back. Everything seems to be doing great. So hopefully didn't bother them too much. I re-arranged the rocks. What do you think. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407717506.918462.jpg

I think all three pots laying down in the same direction looks unnatural. Maybe try burying one more upright? Just try to make them look random, not intentionally placed.

I think all three pots laying down in the same direction looks unnatural. Maybe try burying one more upright? Just try to make them look random, not intentionally placed.

Okay thanks for the input, will definitely give it a try. How do you think the rocks look. Just tried to make a a random structure

Here is a update. After I rearranged the pots. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407972326.032193.jpg

I like the middle one being offset, it looks good. Do the fish still use the pot on the left with it being fully upright? I think it looks good, but fish won't usually use them when perfectly upright because the visibility isn't as good for them to protect it their area. But, if fish weren't using it anyways, then no biggee. If you wanted to break it up a bit, you could put that one on the other side of the tank. Up to you though, I think it looks fine like this. :)

I have seen a few of my cories in that one. The rainbow shark uses the one on the right all the time. And the other 2 are used sometimes but are more for looks. Was actually thinking about taking those 2 out. But not sure how that would look

Back
Top Bottom