as an aquarist do you also fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you fish?

• no-its terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no-but i dont mind others doing it

• yes-but catch and release only

• yes-nothing says dinner like goldies aunt

• Total voters
hc8719 said:
and burks, your not going to find any place to fish in toledo, i wouldnt even try the maumee river, so much crap in there. you'll have to go to lake erie, or michigan, they have has so many lakes...

So I've heard. My girlfriends stepdad claims you can catch a ton of Walleye in the Maumee river. He also hasn't fished there in 20 years.

I cant believe that you posted this question!! It is something I have wondered about for a long time. I would never hook a fish in my tank.

However, I enjoy fishing although I haven't gone in a while because of being busy with work and college. I have always been under the impression that if you catch and release the fish are not harmed.

As far as eating fish you catch, that is part of nature and the food chain. I am not a big fish eater besides some Haddock but I dont see anything wrong with it.

I rarely go fishing, I don't really like sticking a hook through an animal. I do eat fish. Oh my! I also eat cows while owning pet cows. I eat chickens and then go play with live ones on a farm. I can watch bambi and later go eat venison. Honestly, humans are a little more complicated than your black and white question. Humans like some other humans and then go to war to kill humans they don't like.

Hell... some humans eat humans. Surprisingly, not all do it out of barbarism, but as a show of respect and grieving for the dead.

*watches too much discovery channel*

The funny part is that somehow this question presumes that keeping fish in an unnatural and often inferior environment (given how hard much work it is for us to maintain a healthy environment) is some how a more noble thing than fishing.

do you people have any idea what livestock mammals go through before they hit your dinner table? Do you really think the cows wander through fields all day mooing and playing in the daisies?

And do you each warm blooded mammals while also keeping them as pets?

Let's get our priorities straight.

Let's get our priorities straight.
Please dont go there, that is not what this thread is about. No need to be insulting people that do not think the way you do. I would thank the other members to not reply regarding this.

Anne has cautioned this stay on topic. We are watching the thread.

I love fishing...its relaxing and its almost an art form. When I catch a fish, I always make sure my hands are wet when handly so that I dont take off any slime when unhooking the animal during release. Fishing forces one to admire the environment, appreciate its beauty, and learn the code that goes with the hunt. Truly, fishing along with hunting are some of the most rewarding activities I think any one could do. Just my two cents...

Back
Top Bottom