Asian bumblebee catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahizel75

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently purchased two catfish from two different LFS. They were both supposed to be South American bumblebees but I think I have one of each. I've researched the two and I'm fairly sure I have one of each. They are both juveniles around an inch. I have them in a twenty gallon long tank with a bristlenose albino pleco. I know the Asian gets larger but will he eventually get large enough to eat the South American??????

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

I looked up mine and I have the South American one but it is about 3 to 4 inches. Doesn't bother any of the fish including smaller ones, even though whole algae wafers will disappear when it comes out. Very shy but doesn't seem to get bothered by the other fish much.

I would think that as long as they are around the same size you will be fine. Perhaps as they get older, then you may get some squabbling but separate caves, driftwood, etc may help.

I was worried when I shifted all my driftwood, fake rocks and ornaments to one stack that the loaches and catfish would fight but seem to have no problems.

Thanks. They are only juveniles now. About an inch or so. They have plenty caves I've made and they both stay on opposite sides of the tank. My concern was when they get bigger but we will see!

Yes, always the worry. Hopefully they will get on but never know sometimes. If you ever get photos I'd love to see them. I'll see if I can dig up the photos of mine - very shy!

Here we go:

74564-albums13177-picture69927.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture69928.jpg

74564-albums13177-picture69929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom