Assassin snail compatibilty HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's my issue. I have two 55 gallon tanks, one with blue gouramis, and angelfish and giant danios. The other has angelfish and rainbows. I have a 29 gallon community tank with dwarf gouramis and tetras. I'm considering getting one (1) assassin snail for each tank (no breeding allowed). I have been researching, but can't find any info about whether my fish will eat the assassin snails. Please HELP!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I disagree..... I think you might have an issue with the gourami and the angels.

Also, just so you know, assassins do not overbreed like other snails. They take a good long time to spawn and even then, the young stay beneath the substrate for the first few months of life. I started off with 7 assassins a few years ago and they're still all in the same tank and have not taken over.

Yeah the gouramis & angels might be an issue
But I have a few assassin snails in my Discus/angel tank
It can depend on the fish tho

Well I got the assassin snails. When I put them in the tanks the rosy barbs and blood fins started bouncing them all over the place and sort of picking at them. Unfortunately, the snails were probably DOA. I'm getting replacement snails and my concern is are barbs and tetras going to kill them?

I haven't heard of barbs or tetras being an issue
Try adding them next time during the night while all the lights have been off for a while

Some fish will try to eat them, some won't. Barbs probably will. The tetras are probably just seeing if they are something good to eat.

As mentioned in your other thread, I don't think you're giving the assassins time enough to acclimate. I doubt they are dead.

Yeah barbs are nippers so I would guess they might pick on them but I don't have experience with any barbs

Some fish will try to eat them, some won't. Barbs probably will. The tetras are probably just seeing if they are something good to eat.

As mentioned in your other thread, I don't think you're giving the assassins time enough to acclimate. I doubt they are dead.

Thanks. Guess I'll move the barbs to a different tank.

Back
Top Bottom