Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Maltimomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stagecoach, NV
Posts: 330
Assassin Snail Tankmates and care

I have 3 dwarf gourami, 4 bloodfins, 4 black skirt 5 glowlights, 5 otos 1 bn and 2 cory cats in a 29 gallon tank. I recently added 12 assassin snails. Do you think any of these fish will eat the assassin snails? I have seen the dg's nudging the snails. I bought frozen bloodworms to feed them, but never see them eat. A lot of worry over such tiny little guys.
__________________

__________________
Maltimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
phoenixkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Over the dark rainbow
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltimomma View Post
I have 3 dwarf gourami, 4 bloodfins, 4 black skirt 5 glowlights, 5 otos 1 bn and 2 cory cats in a 29 gallon tank. I recently added 12 assassin snails. Do you think any of these fish will eat the assassin snails? I have seen the dg's nudging the snails. I bought frozen bloodworms to feed them, but never see them eat. A lot of worry over such tiny little guys.
You should not have any problems with the stock. I would add some snails for the Assassins to eat, they LOVE Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Pond Snails, and Ramshorn snails.
__________________

__________________
"Nice skull decoration, it goes well with the neon colored gravel!" - user

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Maltimomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stagecoach, NV
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixkiller View Post
You should not have any problems with the stock. I would add some snails for the Assassins to eat, they LOVE Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Pond Snails, and Ramshorn snails.
I have been trying to decide between MTS and Ramshorns. Thanks for your reassurance about my stock. It's been worrisome as I don't want the Assassins eaten.
__________________
Maltimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Maltimomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stagecoach, NV
Posts: 330
I now want to add Assassins to my 55 gallon tank. In that tank I have 4 angelfish 2 rainbows, 4 rosy barbs, 5 boesemani, 3 cory cats and 2 bn. Do you think any of these fish kill/eat the assassins?

I do have a 10 gallon snail breeding tank with mts and am expecting some ramshorns today.
__________________
Maltimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
phoenixkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Over the dark rainbow
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltimomma View Post
I now want to add Assassins to my 55 gallon tank. In that tank I have 4 angelfish 2 rainbows, 4 rosy barbs, 5 boesemani, 3 cory cats and 2 bn. Do you think any of these fish kill/eat the assassins?

I do have a 10 gallon snail breeding tank with mts and am expecting some ramshorns today.
Fish really don't bother snails (Unless they are puffers or loaches) so yeah, you're good there.
__________________
"Nice skull decoration, it goes well with the neon colored gravel!" - user

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Maltimomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stagecoach, NV
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixkiller View Post
Fish really don't bother snails (Unless they are puffers or loaches) so yeah, you're good there.
By chance do you know if I can keep ramshorn snails and mts in the same tank? I have received the ramshorns and I put them in the tank with the mts. Then of course it dawns on me that they may not co-exist. The red ramshorns are so pretty and the mts are just ordinary. Anyway, any thoughts?
__________________
Maltimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
phoenixkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Over the dark rainbow
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltimomma View Post
By chance do you know if I can keep ramshorn snails and mts in the same tank? I have received the ramshorns and I put them in the tank with the mts. Then of course it dawns on me that they may not co-exist. The red ramshorns are so pretty and the mts are just ordinary. Anyway, any thoughts?
Most definitely. Shouldn't have any problems.
__________________

__________________
"Nice skull decoration, it goes well with the neon colored gravel!" - user

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
assassin, assassin snail, care, snail, tan, tankmate, tankmates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Aquarium News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with Aquarium News in your inbox!

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]