Assassin Snail Tankmates and care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 3 dwarf gourami, 4 bloodfins, 4 black skirt 5 glowlights, 5 otos 1 bn and 2 cory cats in a 29 gallon tank. I recently added 12 assassin snails. Do you think any of these fish will eat the assassin snails? I have seen the dg's nudging the snails. I bought frozen bloodworms to feed them, but never see them eat. A lot of worry over such tiny little guys.

I have 3 dwarf gourami, 4 bloodfins, 4 black skirt 5 glowlights, 5 otos 1 bn and 2 cory cats in a 29 gallon tank. I recently added 12 assassin snails. Do you think any of these fish will eat the assassin snails? I have seen the dg's nudging the snails. I bought frozen bloodworms to feed them, but never see them eat. A lot of worry over such tiny little guys.
You should not have any problems with the stock. I would add some snails for the Assassins to eat, they LOVE Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Pond Snails, and Ramshorn snails.

You should not have any problems with the stock. I would add some snails for the Assassins to eat, they LOVE Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Pond Snails, and Ramshorn snails.

I have been trying to decide between MTS and Ramshorns. Thanks for your reassurance about my stock. It's been worrisome as I don't want the Assassins eaten.

I now want to add Assassins to my 55 gallon tank. In that tank I have 4 angelfish 2 rainbows, 4 rosy barbs, 5 boesemani, 3 cory cats and 2 bn. Do you think any of these fish kill/eat the assassins?

I do have a 10 gallon snail breeding tank with mts and am expecting some ramshorns today.

I now want to add Assassins to my 55 gallon tank. In that tank I have 4 angelfish 2 rainbows, 4 rosy barbs, 5 boesemani, 3 cory cats and 2 bn. Do you think any of these fish kill/eat the assassins?

I do have a 10 gallon snail breeding tank with mts and am expecting some ramshorns today.
Fish really don't bother snails (Unless they are puffers or loaches) so yeah, you're good there.

Fish really don't bother snails (Unless they are puffers or loaches) so yeah, you're good there.

By chance do you know if I can keep ramshorn snails and mts in the same tank? I have received the ramshorns and I put them in the tank with the mts. Then of course it dawns on me that they may not co-exist. The red ramshorns are so pretty and the mts are just ordinary. Anyway, any thoughts?

By chance do you know if I can keep ramshorn snails and mts in the same tank? I have received the ramshorns and I put them in the tank with the mts. Then of course it dawns on me that they may not co-exist. The red ramshorns are so pretty and the mts are just ordinary. Anyway, any thoughts?
Most definitely. Shouldn't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom