Assistance on canister filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luma21

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've had my 60 gallon for over six months now and I've always had a typical hang on the back filter. I'm starting to get sick of the noise it makes and all the bubbles that it makes in the water so I want to get rid of it. (Don't worry I have a bubbler for oxygenation and a UV sterilizer for water movement)

The tank was from Petsmart, and it's tall and skinny, only thirteen inches from front to back. 4 feet wide and 2 feet tall. If anyone has bought this tank please let me know what you do for your filtering because I need advice! And I know it's a pretty popular tank that is bought from Petsmart.

The thing is, is that my tank has very little cabinet space. The cabinet is only 9 1/2 inches from front to back, and 12 inches tall. And I can't seem to find a canister for a 60 gallon+ tank. And the guy told me I could do two smaller 40 gallon Canisters but I'm not sure if I'm looking to have to clean two filters when cleaning day comes around. Does anyone have any suggestions on why I should do?

Ps... I don't want to have a canister filter sitting on the floor in the middle of my room either lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Being only a foot. It might be hard for you to find a canister short enough to fit. I have a Cascade 1000 filter for my 75 gallon and it is very quiet and easy to clean.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Fluval G3.
I have never used them. So I don't know anything about them apart from they seem expensive. It may fit in your cupboard though. Look it up.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow that Fluval is crazy cool! But not so sure I want to spend 300 on a canister filter?

SunSun Cannisters are good. Im going with the 264 gph model, they work for aquariums up to 75g. I know they make a larger model as well!

Wow that Fluval is crazy cool! But not so sure I want to spend 300 on a canister filter?

Look on Amazon. My Cascade was $86 on sale. Stores like Petsmart and Petco jack up their prices too high.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

That sunsun might be too tall for my cabinet:(

What if I were to run the hoses like around my bed to a different cabinet where I can store the filter? Would that work? Could I just buy really long hose?
-sorry if I sound stupid, I really have no clue to start when it comes to canisters lol

What if I were to run the hoses like around my bed to a different cabinet where I can store the filter? Would that work? Could I just buy really long hose?
-sorry if I sound stupid, I really have no clue to start when it comes to canisters lol

Im not sure, although id have to assume the longer the hose, the harder the pump would have to work. Not sure if the pumps on these cannister filters can pump water that far. Hopefully someone with experience in that area will see your posts!

You could always build a different stand to your preferred specs. Cheap build and fun. You can make them really nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is very true! Maybe I could build a new stand...

I love ALL my Fluval canisters. And believe they're worth the investment. I've also built all my own stands as canisters just don't seem to fit properly. Fairly inexpensive to do until you get bored and fancy ?. The 406 height (including aqua stop valve and hoses) is 21" tall. The top of the bottom shelf to the bottom of the top shelf is 23". Fits like a glove and is enough space to remove the top of the hose assembly to pull it out for maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Back
Top Bottom