At Last..Cycled Water still a bit hazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blazetamer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I am now cycled and have added a few fish,
55 gallon tank,
Aqua tech 30/60 power filter
200 watt heater
Tetra air pump (model 30-60) and curtain
and of course gravel (around 50 lbs)

Nitrates = 15
Nitrites = 0
Ammonia = 0
PH = 7.6
Temp 78
mostly "fake" plants and a few live
PWC approx 2 times a week
only partial vacuums each time

Water is a bit hazy, what would help it become more clear?
Will a new carbon filter just on 1 side help as I feel that keeping one will not disturb the good bacteria as much...any ideas are very welcome
I feel that the water chemistry is right on target I would just like for it to be a bit more "sparkling"

I experienced the same thing, I was told it was the beneficial bacteria that were looking for a place to cling on. I hade the haze for about 5-7 days after my tank completed cycling then the water became nice and clear.

Yeah, you may be seeing a bacterial bloom as it is adjusting to your new stock. Just keep an eye on ammonia and nitrite over the next few days (until the bloom goes away) to make sure everything is ok.

Congrats on finishing up the cycle. It's always fun to finally get some fish in the tank.

Thanks guys I was wondering if that maybe was the deal. it does seem to be getting better .. and YES it is a good feeling now to see the balance.. oh yeah and the fish LOL

It is natural, you could always add some active carbon to the filter which might help speed up the process. Otherwise, it will go away on it's own.

Thanks Zagz for the reply I probably will do that.. It wont hurt as long as I dont disturb the good bactiria right? and We want to be sure to have a nice clean enviroment for our fish.. This hobby is GREAT We want another LARGER tank ...( My wife and I are huge fans of the aquatic type) We are looking for a 125 or 150 now and would maybe like to build it into the wall. We are in the process of building a 10 x 15 X 2 foot deep pond now... we have all the supplies just working on the "Digging" now. I will be back for more info and thanks a million guys ..

Back
Top Bottom