Atlantis Underwater Island?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got it in today! I have to run to work but i set it up and it works perfectly!!! I'll put up pics tonight. Tomorrow i'll be getting my rcc and introducing him to his new home :)

Well I know nothing about crabs and have no interest in keeping them but this was a fascinating thread lol I can't wait to see pics! Geez, the things they come up with! lol

Got it in today! I have to run to work but i set it up and it works perfectly!!! I'll put up pics tonight. Tomorrow i'll be getting my rcc and introducing him to his new home :)
i may have mentioned this before,but in the interest of saving a crab,ill say it again. red clawed crabs are brackish,they will die if they are put in a freshwater tank.but not before they kill a couple fish.

yes it is brackish, also did it arrive cause i might get one.( if im not broke after setting up a 5 gal)

Saw some vids on youtube, looks VERY interesting, also looking forwrd to seeing your set-up!

the snails love it too. this was a quick set up just to test the equipment, that's why it may not look great yet :)

Attachments

• atlantis lagoon 001.jpg
    atlantis lagoon 001.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 292
  • atlantis lagoon 002.jpg
    atlantis lagoon 002.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 255
Wow, that's actually really cool. It would look really cool in a well planted tank, like an underwater lab or somthing lol

Omg I'm super jelous! I'm tryn to get a 30 or 40 gal when I move out of this apartment (hoorayy) and I will do just that. Keep us posted

RCCs are fairly terrestrial crabs and will spend a good deal of their time out of water. I don't agree with keeping them in regular aquariums, and I don't think a little bubble of air will suffice. IMO they ought to have a proper land are to explore. Also, they need brackish water, a specific gravity of ~1.008 is ideal. Your serpae tetra won't live in that.

--Adeeb

i guess you have not read the posts before this one. The lagoon is being moved into a 38gal planted tank!!! The reason i put it in this 10gal was to test that it works. The water in the 38 is brackish already. It's too bad that you don't agree with this lagoon because it is supported by major crab breeders and habitats abroad. :(

Yes I did read the thread. I just don't think a fully aquatic aquarium is an appropriate habitat for RCCs. Even with the lagoon. I don't see it being supported by major crab breeders, seeing as there are no major RCC breeders.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom