attaching plants to a clay pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevccoy

Aquarium Advice Regular
can it be done? i am probably going to use a clay pot in the corner of my aquarium, and wanted to attach some moss, or something, not looking for much as i am not going to have a co2 setup, and going with easy plants on the other side of tank, like anubias or java. what moss is good in low to mid light and can easily attach to clay pot.

yes it can. its personal choice as to what moss. i really like flame moss or christmas moss.

Ive found a neat way to attach moss. You will need to have a hairnet, and a small-medium piece of moss.

first You will place the moss on the pot, secure it down by putting the pot (with the moss on it) in the hairnet.

Shortly, in time, the moss will start growing on the pot. You can take the hairnet off the pot once the moss has a good growth on the pot. If you think that taking the net off will mess up the moss, you can keep it on, in time, the moss will grow over it.

Some mosses that you can do this with is christmas moss and java moss.

As far as attching any other plants to it, Im not sure. Ive had of tying plants on driftwood with fishing line, but Im not sure how that would work with a clay pot.

Make sure before you add the clay pot that It is not glazed. Ive heard of glazed pots being toxic in aquariums

great, thanx for the advice, especially on the glazed pot thing, i had done some research and had not heard that...

Back
Top Bottom