Auto Feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky 1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am not a lover of these, however needs must, we are off for a week in Norfolk, I have tried flake in this and it just went damp and stuck to the sides, none went in to the tank, so I put a layer of pellets in first and the flake on top and hey presto all went in, it's a 14 day feeder, Question will feeding once be enough until I come back?

Curious about auto feeders too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also interested in auto feeders but when I go away I have my fish fed every other day by a neighbour (small daily doses put in separate containers to avoid over enthusiastic feeding). If I go away on a Friday to Sunday I just leave them without feeding.
The side effect seems to be livelier fish and keen to feed. I feel confident that under feeding in the short term does no harm but of course over feeding by inexperienced tank sitters is deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fish can go for a week without food, easy. Hell, in my very early fishkeeping days when I had prettymuch given up for a while, I had several fish survive for 2 months without being fed. (Not recommended, though) I would say that unless you'll be gone for more than 10 days, just let them fast for a while.

Unless you have fry in the tank I wouldn't worry about your fish not being fed for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advicemyxm mzeN

I have the same auto feeder. This feeder has an option to hook up to air to keep it dry. Did you try this?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have read that bogart but not tried it out, looks like I have no need to worry reading above, my angels are growing fast and love a feed, thanks all........

Back
Top Bottom