Auto-Feeders.. Any Good Ones out there??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joedarat

Aquarium Advice Activist
Lil'Fishy and I will be away for about 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good auto feeder for my 29 gal tank.. Thanks!!

apparently ehiem is one of the better one don't get all gumed up like alot of the others do from the moisture BUT very pricey too. Unless you can find them on sale or on Ebay
goodluck in your search

The auto feeder that I got was by Penn-Plax. I seemed to work great. although I was worried aobut moisture and stacked a few books up to keep it away from the water line. No food got stuck or anything... I did have to crush the big flakes a little tho... I think it cost about 18.00
Good luck!!!

I have the Penn Plax also and have had no problems.I lay a 2x2 across the top of the tank and fasten the feeder to it.This prevented moisture problems.They recommend using pellet food.That will help with moisture problems also.The one I have will feed the amount you set, twice in a 24 hour period.Its battery operated.I have been away 1 week and it worked fine.Paid $8.00 for it.

piranha said:
The one I have will feed the amount you set, twice in a 24 hour period.Its battery operated.I have been away 1 week and it worked fine.Paid $8.00 for it.

DOH..... $8.00!?!?! stupid LFS
I was guessing on the amount I paid, I may have paid a little less then 18.00 but sures the heck wasnt under 10$

I have used flake, just crush it up good. Unless you have steam coming off your water I cant imagine there being a prob, but then if you had steam, I guess you wouldnt be needing the feeder, but maybe a new heater??? 8O

Back
Top Bottom