automatically establishing/cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would that be pure ammonia that u buy at the grocery store or something different? Or could I just keep some feeder goldfish in the tote and they produce the ammonia for me? Which would be best?

Is there a fool proof way to automatically establish a new tank? Im looking into starting a business of setting up aquariums in peoples homes or places of business and it would be very handy to get it cycled and fish in there the same day or very soon after. I know there are different sands out there with good bacteria already in the bags. would this work or is there other things to consider? I know how to cycle a tank but I would have to do it faster in order to have a good business going.
Thank you for all and any ideas!!!!

To answer your first question...no.

But you can actually grow and culture your own bacteria in massive amounts then use pieces from that culture to start other tanks. I'm not sure I would take a chance with someone else's bacteria.

Would that be pure ammonia that u buy at the grocery store or something different? Or could I just keep some feeder goldfish in the tote and they produce the ammonia for me? Which would be best?

I would highly recommend the janitor strength ammonia from Ace Hardware. You can order a 6 pack of gallons online for under $40 which is what you will need in order to run your business. I would run strictly with dosing ammonia instead of the goldies. That way you wont have to worry about feeding or cleaning up after them. Cheaper and less hassles is always a plus when running a new business. Just my $.02

:fish1:Jesus and Nicole:fish1:

Last edited:
I would highly recommend the janitor strength ammonia from Ace Hardware. You can order a 6 pack of gallons online for under $40 which is what you will need in order to run your business. I would run strictly with dosing ammonia instead of the goldies. That way you wont have to worry about feeding or cleaning up after them. Cheaper and less hassles is always a plus when running a new business. Just my $.02

:fish1:Jesus and Nicole:fish1:

+1 I've got a gallon of this stuff

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love aquarium advice! Haha. Thanks everyone for the ideas and help!

Back
Top Bottom