Babie mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mmplatyowner24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just recently had baby mollies born in my tank... Is it true the mom will eat the babies... Would it still be effective if i got a breeding trap??please let me know

Yeah, they will eat the babies if they have no where to hide. If you provide hiding placing they are most likely to survive! Or separate them. Java moss is good.. the babies can hide and eat off it. :)

dotswithchemicals said:
Yeah, they will eat the babies if they have no where to hide. If you provide hiding placing they are most likely to survive! Or separate them. Java moss is good.. the babies can hide and eat off it. :)

Will they eat the tropical flakes in the tank?? All new to this. Do they require special food?

Mmplatyowner24 said:
Will they eat the tropical flakes in the tank?? All new to this. Do they require special food?

Crush the flakes between ur finger and thumb until it is really fine like a powder. They will eat it then

You can keep them with the adults once they are larger than bite-sized. Often around 4-6 weeks, but individual growth rates are variable depending on factors like diet and temperature.

Mollies give birth to larger fry than other livebearers so crushed up flakes are perfect for them. I always feed my fry more frequently than older fish but sparingly also.

Back
Top Bottom