Babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crysis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey! I joined just today, anyways, I have 3 tanks, a 20 gallon, a 15 gallon, and a breeding tank (5 gallon) my molly just had fry last week! her first pregnancy, there's 5 total! There were 6 but sadly one was a still birth, my female is a black molly and the male is a silver sailfin molly, the fry are just starting to get their colors a bit, their bodies are silver/see-thru and the fins are black outlines! They look really neat! ^^

Thanks! this site seems really cool and I'm enjoying it! ^^
and I'm enjoying my baby fish too! tehe

congrats and welcome.

I had my first fish birth last week.... sadly none of them survived so you are doing better than I :)

Aww, sorry to hear that! I've been breeding my livebearers for almost 10 years, so I'm getting the hang of it, tehe

not sure what happened to mine... but will be trying to keep an eye out for my pregger fish from now on.

Thinking of a 10g tank as a QT and breeder tank.

Oh, I just bought a breeding tank (5 gallon) but usually I would put lots of floating plants in the 20 gallon community where the female(s) would give birth, then collect the babies and put them in the breeder box from there) but now that I have a breeding/fry tank, I just keep them in there to give birth, then let them out when my female gives birth, ^^

Welcome, I had 6 silver mollies then noticed 5 babies when cleaning and found 2 more , then lost 2 adult mollies and all the babies so moved rest to other tank and did clean up and many water test now getting ready to move them back and and a few more adults , fry are cool as they start growing.

Welcome to the site! I have a guppy that has dropped 3 batches, and produced a couple of very pretty fancy tail males. Her last 2 batches are still in my fry tank. 2 of her female fry are ready to drop too.

I have a platy that have dropped twice, and they grow really slow, I've got one from her first and 3 from her second.

I have a creamsicle orange molly that bred with my silver sailfin and those were pretty, gave most away (kept 2 out of 28). I think she dropped a second time but I missed it and they got eaten. Didn't even see them. Got her in the fry tank now to catch the next batch, but it's been a while so not sure she's pregnant.

My pride though is my pineapple sword, who has dropped 6 times for a total of over 350 fry (which I gave all but 3 away) and her last batch of fry was 50 live / 80 dead. So my fry tank is teeming with fry.

I also have a marigold that I think is pregnant, and is in my fry tank also. Which is a 10g, but I'm working on fixing a 37g to take it's place.

Good luck and enjoy the site!

Nice! Ya, the fry are doing well still, Big Mama Jr., (the one that had the fry) her sister, Betsy, is in the tank right now with the babies, she's gonna give birth anyday now too! I hope at least! lol
The good thing is, she's not even bothering the babies, lol

Just added 4 silver mollies to the tank so hopefully get more babies also bought a 5 way fry saver,waiting to add the 4 other mollies after i make sure they are ok.

Silver mollie babies

Got more babies coming , this is fun , next is a planted tank, also have a 75 gallon empty to fill some day when i'm good at this

Back
Top Bottom