Baby Betta Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

domsmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
We've never had a baby yet. Got him/her the other day. Have set up in a small betta cube right now.
Is it safe to have small heater put in to keep water a little warmer? My room is so cold I'm afraid the poor baby might freeze to death before summer gets here!
Any other special needs in caring for baby bettas?
So far, he/she seems pretty happy, swimming all over, eating well and has even grown a lil from when we bought!

Thanks in advance! :)

Betta's actually are tropical fish and should have a heater. All our small tanks with Betta's have nano heaters in them. If temps drop too low they can get lathargic and even sick.

But if you have a small heater, is it then recommended to have filtration? Right now it's not in a filtered tank...
Thanks a lot! ?

It's always recommended to have a heater and a filter. But that doesn't mean you can't have one without the other.

A filtered tank is always better IMO. I also have nano filters on my nano betta tanks.

I have a beautiful blue beta I raised from a baby that I got at petco. Raised him with a heater and filter in a ten gallon tank. Lovely fish :)
I put a fluval sponge over my AQ filter intake to protect him - I recommend that.

Back
Top Bottom