Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Baby Betta Questions

Hey Everyone!

I recently added a baby betta to my 5g Fluval Chi. Tried searching the page but didn't have much luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for food or anything else to make sure he's happy and healthy? Any other general tips for baby betas?

Also, bonus points for anyone who can tell what kind of betta he is! If it's even possible at this age.

I took these pictures the first day I put him in. The stripes have slowly started to disappear - which I assumed were from stress.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1117.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	298220
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	298221

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought a baby Betta from Petco for my son and we fed it Aqueon Betta pellets. It was fine.

dcutl002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton_J View Post
Hey Everyone!

I recently added a baby betta to my 5g Fluval Chi. Tried searching the page but didn't have much luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for food or anything else to make sure he's happy and healthy? Any other general tips for baby betas?

Also, bonus points for anyone who can tell what kind of betta he is! If it's even possible at this age.

I took these pictures the first day I put him in. The stripes have slowly started to disappear - which I assumed were from stress.

Attachment 298220
Attachment 298221

Thanks in advance!
Pretty little prince... I couldn't tell you what kind he is, unfortunately, but I feed my betta omega one floating pellets, pre-soaked so they're soft. He gets two in the morning and two at night, then I alternate frozen blood worms and reef caviar, followed by a day of fasting.

Two blood worms per feeding, day and night, and my community tank gets the rest. The reef caviar I target feed with a dropper after soaking and breaking up the frozen cube. It's really cute to watch him nibble on the end of the dropper or chase it around to give him a little exercise, and he's come to recognize that the dropper and tweezers both mean food.

If you use a dropper or reef caviar, feed until his belly seems round, but don't refreeze the leftovers. Give them to another tank, or shave off what you want from the cube.... some people use peas, but I prefer them for medical care, personally.

My little Andre was so dull and droopy when I got him, he was almost black, but he's colored up into beautiful blues and violets on this diet. Good luck with your sweet little guy!
Old 10-23-2017, 02:25 AM   #4

Here he is 6 months later, as well as his current set-up!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0773.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	304515Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0768.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	304516
Old 10-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Very nice. Heís certainly grown into his fins and color.

Tags
baby, betta, question, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com